UPDATE: Global Warming Solutions Act H.688
Vermont Edition host, Jane Lindholm, discusses the Global Warming Solutions Act that recently passed with 102 Yes votes and 45 No votes
Listen to the recorded show
Contribute to the show by calling in, emailing, or posting your comments on the FB post:
– Click here to read the VPR post on their website
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
From the VPR website: Live noon discussion: The Vermont Legislature has passed H.688, or the Global Warming Solutions Act, which would legally require the state to meet carbon emission reductions targets in the coming years, and allow people to sue the government if it does not meet those targets. It’s now awaiting Gov. Phil Scott’s signature, though he is expected to veto the act. This hour, we discuss this bill with legislators from both sides. Plus, we’ll hear about how similar legislation in Maine has played out.
Our guests are:
- Rep. Selene Colburn, a Progressive from Burlington who was one of the sponsors of the Global Warming Solutions Act
- Rep. Felisha Leffler, a Republican from Enosburg Falls who voted against the bill
- Hannah Pingree, co-chair of the Maine Climate Council and director of the Governor’s Office of Policy Innovation and the Future
Broadcast live on Monday, Sept. 14, 2020 at noon. Rebroadcast at 7 p.m.